Tuesday 12 May 2015

Celebrities Who Are Totally Against Plastic Surgery

Find out who is against plastic surgery

When we talk about plastic surgery, there’s always polarizing debates about it. Some people are for it, others are completely against it. People who are for it would generally say if it’s your body, you could do whatever you want with it.

As for those who are against plastic surgery, it’s not unusual to hear accusations that people must be insecure to stoop so low to get surgery. Without a doubt, plastic surgery—even though it’s commonly performed on millions of people in North America—still remains a touchy issue to talk about.

Talking about it in everyday life may not be as easy for most of us, but that’s not the case in Hollywood. The lifestyle and the pressures of looking young and attractive are real in the entertainment world. Naturally, Hollywood stars are often asked questions about plastic surgery.

Certain celebrities are rather open about their approval of plastic surgery, like the late Joan Rivers or Scarlett Johansson. Some stars are strongly opposed to it and have made sure their stance is well-known.

Kristen Stewart recently made headlines for some critical comments she had on plastic surgery and women who choose to have it. She’s not the first celebrity to share her opposition to it, either. She’s probably the bluntest about her opinion though. Find out which other celebrities are also opposed to plastic surgery.

Kristen Stewart

Kristen Stewart is strongly against plastic surgery
Photo source: blogs.indiewire.com
Kristen Stewart let her strong opinion against plastic surgery be known in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar. When asked if she would consider getting work done she said: “No, never. Never. I am so freaked out by the idea of doing anything. And maybe that’s completely arrogant but I don’t want to change anything about myself. I think the women who do are losing their minds. It’s vandalism.”

Julianne Moore


Julianne Moore has been asked many questions about plastic surgery over the years
Photo source: nme.com
When asked in an interview with Allure magazine, Julianne said she isn’t a fan of cosmetic surgery.
“I don’t believe it makes people look better. I think it just makes them look like they had something done to their face, and I don’t think we find that instinctually appealing,” she said. Julianne’s been asked about the topic many times over the years. She’s also said that “with few exceptions, people always look like they've had plastic surgery. They don’t look any younger. Age is about lifespan, about the journey we take.”

Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Aniston made comments in an interview saying she's against plastic surgery
Photo source: blogcdn.com
Jennifer Aniston had rhinoplasty in the 90s to correct a deviated septum—she says she hasn't done any other surgical work though. Jennifer says she has to stop herself from begging her friends to quit visiting their plastic surgeons.

'I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting s— into my face. I see them and my heart breaks. I think, ‘Oh God, if you only know how much older you look.’ They are trying to stop the clock and all you can see is an insecure person who won’t let themselves just age. I also have a fiancĂ© who will put a gun to my head if I touch my face in any way.'

Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts is against plastic surgery
Photo source: knote.com
In Elle Magazine, Julia Roberts talked about women’s fears of ageing and looking older. 'It's unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don't even give themselves a chance to see what they'll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I'll look like before I start cleaning the slates. I want my kids to know when I'm pissed, when I'm happy and when I'm confounded. Your face tells a story... and it shouldn't be a story about your drive to the doctor's office.'


What’s your take on plastic surgery? How do feel about people who choose to change their looks surgically or non-surgically?

No comments:

Post a Comment